I need an advocate
In order to preserve confidentiality, we do not take referrals over the internet.
Please telephone us:
0800 035 0396
This number is free when you call from a landline, payphone and mobile phone.
The phone line is usually staffed Monday – Friday 9 am to 5 pm; if we are not available to take your call, or outside these times, there is an answerphone. Please leave a message and a contact number, and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.
You can also email us, but you should not include confidential information. Please include basic details only and we will get back to you as soon as we are able for more information. The email address is email@example.com
Please note that we are not an emergency service. If you have a mental health emergency you should:
- Contact your GP in the first instance
- Telephone NHS Direct on 0845 4647 (lines open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week) and tell them it is about your mental health.
- You can also try help yourself links or call our Advice Line
What can I expect?
- We will usually try to get back to you within two working days.
- If we are not able to help you, we will try to signpost you to another organization who can.
- We operate a waiting list system, and will allocate your case to an Advocate as soon as we are able.
- The advocate will then contact you to discuss what we can offer in more depth.
- Please note that we do not see people without an appointment.
Where can I see an advocate?
- We can meet you at The Circle (city centre), the Longley Centre (at the Northern General Hospital) or at the Michael Carlisle Centre (in Nether Edge).
- We are also sometimes able to do home visits if appropriate.
If you are an in-patient:
- We will usually visit you on the ward.
- We will do our best to ensure ward staff provide a private room for our meeting wherever possible.