We now provide most of our services through Sheffield Advocacy Hub, in which we are the leading partner along with Cloverleaf Advocacy and Disability Sheffield.
Please see our website at https://sheffieldadvocacyhub.org.uk/ to make a referral.
Please have ready the client’s details:
- Current place of residence
- Home address if different
- Phone number
- Date of birth and age
- Any communication needs (eg BSL, interpreter)
- Nature of the client’s impairment
- Details if the client has been detained under the Mental Health Act ie which section and when
- Details of any assessment under the Care Act
- Details of any mental capacity assessments relevant to the referral
- Any details you have if the referral is for a person with a learning disability, or with a NHS complaint
- GP details
In addition, we need to know if the client is aware of the referral, if we can contact them directly, and if there are any risk issues we should be aware of.
What can I expect?
- We will usually try to get back to you within one to two working days for further details.
- If we are not able to help the client, we will try to tell you at this point, and signpost as appropriate.
- The advocate will then contact yourself or the client as agreed to discuss what we can offer in more depth.
- Please note that we do not see people without an appointment.
Where can we see clients?
- We meet clients at the Circle (Sheffield City Centre) and in health and social care settings across the city.
- We are also sometimes able to do home visits if appropriate.
- We usually visit in-patients on the ward.